gilli moon products

Monday, April 05, 2010

Following my call along the Roman wall...revealing my album cover, before the album launch.

Follow my call along the Roman wall
Mystic signs of my family life
Dreaming of my playground
Didgeridoo Dreaming
(Lyrics from "Didgeridoo Dreaming", from my first Album Girl In The Moon, by gilli moon

A few months to my album release, and I'm doing some inner wanderings in Rome, Italy. It's really great to get outside the goldfish bowl of Los Angeles, and be in touch with the wisdom of the sages. Walking along the cobble stone streets, I feel the history, the wars, the romance, the writings, the Art, oh the Art.

And on that note, I'd like to reveal to my diary readers, my definitive CD cover for the upcoming album, The Stillness. I'm putting together a big party on Tuesday June 29, at The Mint, Los Angeles, to celebrate its release. There will be a collective of fabulous musicians who played on the record, and special guest artists too. Quite an extravaganza.





So what do you think of the album cover? I felt quite conflicted for many months in the creation of the cover. As I do them myself in Photoshop, I went through many metamorphoses and couldn't resolve it, having taken advice from different people,... until I finally listened to my own heart and splashed the digital paint the way I wanted to.This cover that I finally arrived at shows the message I want to create through the new album: stillness, peace, inner quiet, silence and, importantly, self-connection, amongst a tumultuous, roller coaster world. It defines my idea of being the master of your own destiny, and the ability to stay connected to your higher purpose, no matter the circumstances, outside forces or influences. So, in this CD Cover, I am sleeping, inside the turmoil of my paint. The painting is in fact one of my own acrylics on Canvas called The Cosmos.  I laid a photocopy of my face in the center - I actually put my head in the photocopier to create the stillest, flattest profile I could create (something a camera wouldn't be able to capture). I think I have created the juxtaposition, the dichotomy that I wanted to achieve.

The back cover, on the other hand, has my eyes open, confident, and revealing. She stands convinced, amongst the blaze, amongst the spinning, ... she stands still, confident, appealing and in her own element, like Isis in Ancient Greece, or Matreya, goddess of women.

IF you want to get a sneak peak of the music that goes with this art, I invite you to listen to a song from the upcoming album, The Stillness, at www.gillimoon.com/music. The song is Cos I Love You So, and you can purchase a download or a ringtone. Support the making of the album and get your copy today :) This song also features J.Walker doing some spoken word, and we co-wrote it along with my father, which was a very nice writing process that lasted 15 years from the first time we put the song together, to now being released on the album. Enjoy!

Leave a comment here on this blog if you like or on my Facebook page

Love and light

gilli




No comments:

Post a Comment