gilli moon products

Friday, November 02, 2007

gilli moon rocks hollywood in november

G'day peaceful warriors...

Just when i thought it was going to be a quiet autumn here in hollywood, my life just went into sudden overdrive and it all happens before thanksgiving! Firstly, I want to send a peace sign out to all those who were affected by the l.a and san diego fires. Having grown up in the Aussie 'bush' where bushfires are always the threat, i am shocked to see how much of l.a has been struck by nature's horrible fires.

I am very excited to have my acrylic paintings as part of a women's art exhibition at the Magdalene Center in North Hollywood. The opening night is Thursday Nov 8 and there will be drinks and snacks available, plus live music. I'm a quiet painter (not so outspoken as I am with my music, so this is a rare appearance of my artworx). Details below. Then, on Sunday Nov 11 I will be speaking at the Taxi Road Rally, truly one of my most favorite music conferences that really give good juice for songwriters wanting to take it to the next level. I'll be there, actually, from Fri morning with our Songsalive! booth, but Sunday at 2pm i'll put you in the driver's seat of my workshop DIY Indie Artist Marketing, Touring and Promotion and the Key to Survival and Success in the Music Biz. Details below. You have to be a Taxi member to attend this conference.

Then, the next day Monday Nov 12, and open to ALL artists, songwriters, musicians, writers, actors, dancers, anyone who is creative, is an amazing first time workshop that I'm co-hosting with my friend and online music marketing guru Bob Baker. See below.

I have some REALLY cool gigs coming up in Los Angeles and down-under mateys. All below. Just scroll. Takes only a moment. he he. On Wed 14th I'm performing at the Oz City Circle (all Australian artists) at the Mint, and the following night, for one song only - none other than the famous "Lilac Wine", on Thurs Nov 15 I am performing (with my upright bassist Andy Cat), at the Key Club for the Jeff Buckley 10 Year Anniversary Birthday Tribute. This will be my first time performing at the Sunset Strip's famous Key Club. I have performed for a Jeff Buckley tribute show before, at Club Sin-e in New York a few years ago, which was put on by Columbia Records. So it's a real honor to perform in honor of him again. This show will be packed so get your tickets early. Read below for details.

Finally, to end the year, I'll be putting on my own going away Xmas party full set at Room 5, on Tues Dec 4. Definitely come out for that one to see me and my full band, and spoken word artist J.Walker in action before I jettison over to Australia for Xmas (and a Sydney gig on 8th). All below.

Take the ride with me,

~ gilli moon

www.gillimoon.com/warriorgirlmusicenews for the full newsletter

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.19/1105 - Release Date: 11/2/2007 11:04 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment